Thursday, June 10, 2010

Here I sit yet again. I'm exhausted, but happy. I spent a week at the beach, a week in vegas, and in a couple more hours, I'll be at home for the first time since October.

At the moment I'm sitting in a st. augustine Condo. My friends, some of them, are here. Others have revealed just how little they matter. Which is the nature of things. I'm not dwelling on negatives. I'm happy. Happier than I've been in a long time.

Life is quiet and relaxed. After 2 1/2 years of run run run, its time for some laid back relaxing. One would think I started leave relaxing, I didn't.

After 2 1/2 years of go go go nonstop, I started my leave off with 8 days in vegas, the city that never sleeps. And I didn't sleep, not much anyway. had a blast, played a lot of poker, the game I do so adore, and spent entirely too much money. Got in a big scene making fight in delmonico's, the staff of which I apologize to for the scene. If you get the chance, they make the best steak I've ever eaten. It's delicious. Anyway, the other half of the scene is no longer speaking to me, I'm amused.

That was finally over and I took a step back, and came to st. augustine. Its a nice place, oldest city on the continent and all that. But really, its a great place to slow down. I have rested here in ways I haven't been able to rest and relax for years. It calmed me down and soothed me. I'm relaxed, people around me notice it.

At any rate, my real relaxation is almost over. I'm soon to return home, which, while wonderful, will provide a special stress all its own. I'm looking forward to the trip, but for the moment, I'm enjoying just being me. nothing special to have to worry about. :) So take your time, and I'll take mine.

No comments: